Fun educational trips away from the normal school environment are a key part of the varied learning available to all pupils here at Maulden Lower.
The children are safely accompanied by our teachers, support staff and volunteers on a wide range of outings – from relatively straight-forward walks in the locality to full-scale residential adventures in different parts of the UK.
Below are some examples of the educational visits and enrichment activities arranged by the school in the last couple of years:
- visit from the OpenView Education e-safety roadshow
- visit to a local theatre to watch a pantomime (Reception & Y1)
- travelling theatre group in-school performance (whole school)
- regular woodland walks in Maulden Woods (Y2)
- Roald Dahl museum (Y2)
- clay workshops (Y1 – Y4)
- swimming Lessons at Flitwick Leisure Centre (Y3 & 4)
- Queens Park Faith Tour –Guru Nanak Gurdwara and Gulshan-e-Baghdad Masjid (mosque), All Saints Church (Y3)
- history day at Celtic Harmony (Y3 & Y4)
- Y4 summer residential trip – outdoor and adventurous activities in West Runton, Norfolk