The staff and governors at Maulden Lower School are highly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children. We also ask that all members of the wider school community join us in our commitment to safeguarding all of the children in our care.
If you have any concerns regarding the well-being of a child, please discuss your concerns with the following:
Designated Safeguarding Lead for the school: Kathy Dwyer
Deputy Safeguarding Lead: Sarah Hillson & Sarah Butcher
Governor with responsibility for Safeguarding: Jeremy Pestell
Regardless of how small or insignificant you believe your concern may be, please report it. It may well be an important piece in a wider picture. Your concerns will be treated sensitively, although it goes without saying that we are likely to have to act on any significant pieces of information relating to the safeguarding of a child.
Our fundamental beliefs are that:
- All children/young people have equal right to be protected from harm;
- Children/young people need to be safe and to feel safe in school;
- Children/young people need support which matches their individual needs, including those who may have experienced abuse;
- All children/young people have the right to speak freely and voice their values and beliefs;
- All children/young people must be encouraged to respect each other’s values and support each other;
- All children/young people have the right to be supported to meet their emotional, and social needs as well as their educational needs – a happy healthy sociable child/young person will achieve better educationally;
- Schools can and do contribute to the prevention of abuse, victimisation, bullying, exploitation, extreme behaviours, discriminatory views and risk-taking behaviours; and
- All staff and visitors have an important role to play in safeguarding children and protecting them from abuse.
General News Feed
- We are delighted to share our Easter service with you, featuring songs and artwork from all of the children, along with readings and prayers by the pupils of Kestrel class.
- What parental controls can do and how to set them
- How to set up new devices safely,
- Videos of our Christmas Concert are ready to view.
- Thank you to all of the children who donated to Children in Need during our recent non-uniform day
Latest Diary Dates Events
- Our Value is Respect12Apr2021
- Y4 Residential Trip to Kingswood in West Runton26Apr2021
8:00 am - 30 apr, 6:00 pm
- Parent Newsletter30Apr2021
- Bank Holiday Monday03May2021