Before the Meet
Before joining a Meet, please familiarise yourself with our Google Meet Code of Conduct. The code is there to ensure high standards of online safety and safeguarding for all pupils and staff. Please be aware that if you are not following these rules you will be removed from the Meet.
If you have accessed Google Meet before, you will find that Meet for Classroom is accessed slightly differently. This is partly due to not having email enabled for our school accounts, as children under the age of 13 are not allowed to have a GMail account in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Each week of learning has its own Meets link. The class teacher will make this link visible to the children a few minutes before their Meet is timetabled to start. Unlike a regular Meet, there is no 'invite'. What the Meet link looks like will depend on how you are accessing Google Classroom (see below).
If you accessing Meets from a phone or tablet, you will need to have already installed the Google Meets app.
Joining a Meet on a Web Browser (desktop/laptop/tablet phone)
The link will appear below the week title as below a few minutes before it is timetabled to start. If you are using a tablet or phone and have not already downloaded the Google Meet app, you will be prompted to do so when you click on the meet link.
How to Join the Meet
Click on the Meet link, then the 'Join' button. The video below shows what you should see (NB screen is orange as no webcam was on for this capture). When you join the Meet, the teacher will already be there waiting for you.
Joining a Meet on the Classroom App/Meet app (Apple or Android Tablet/Phone)
The link will appear as a symbol in the top right-hand corner of the screen on the 'Stream' page, next to the settings cog a few minutes befire the Meet is timetabled to start. If you have not already downloaded the Google Meet app you will be prompted to do so when you click on the meet link.
How to Join the Meet
Click on the Meet link, then the 'Join' button. The video below shows what you should see. When you join the Meet, the teacher will already be there waiting for you.
General News Feed
- We are delighted to share our Easter service with you, featuring songs and artwork from all of the children, along with readings and prayers by the pupils of Kestrel class.
- What parental controls can do and how to set them
- How to set up new devices safely,
- Videos of our Christmas Concert are ready to view.
- Thank you to all of the children who donated to Children in Need during our recent non-uniform day
Latest Diary Dates Events
- Our Value is Co-operation07Jun2021
- Parent Newsletter25Jun2021
- Young Voices 11am - 8pm25Jun2021
- Transition Day to new classes09Jul2021
- Parent Newsletter16Jul2021