2 days per week PPA cover
Start date 22nd February 2021 (temporary contract until 31/08/21 with possibility of permanent full time post from 1st September 2021)
NJC Level 4 (£21,748 - £23,541 pro-rata)
Maulden Lower School requires a dependable, hard-working and passionate HLTA to cover PPA.
You will be flexible, have a professional attitude to work with high expectations for learning and outcomes. The successful candidate will
- Prepare (within the framework set by teachers) and deliver high quality learning activities for whole classes to cover PPA
- Assist with monitoring pupils, assessing, recording and reporting on pupil achievement, progress and development.
- Have good organisational and communication skills.
- Have an interest in PE
- Hold an HLTA qualification
- Have experience of teaching in both KS1 and KS2
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as independently .
Previous experience of working in a school or similar post would be an advantage.
Maulden Lower School is a single form entry lower school with a preschool and is able to offer well behaved, engaged children and a learning environment with supportive and friendly staff. Visits to the school are encouraged. Please call Sarah Butcher 01525 402286 to arrange an appointment. Social distancing measures will be in place and PPE can be provided for your visit.
Closing Date: Midday Thursday 7th January 2021
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 11th January 2021
Maulden Lower School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.