Our Vision and Ethos
It is our aim that children will be happy, kind and successful with a thirst for life and learning. They will be motivated by their school experience to achieve their personal potential in readiness for the next chapter of their lives.
Maulden Lower will provide a richly inspiring curriculum, suitable for all. We will develop the whole child through our twelve core values, which underpin all that we do.
Our beautiful, rural location allows children to connect to nature. We will seek to develop deep relationships with our local community, placing the school at the heart of village life, so that children experience the real world within a safe and secure environment
Through this statement, Maulden Lower School will challenge children to strive for academic, creative, sporting and personal accomplishment within a broad and balanced curriculum. 'The Maulden Way' will encourage pupils to 'live their Values', not only within our inclusive school, where diversity is celebrated but also as members of the local, national and international community.
We will foster open and honest communication with parents, carers and specialists and actively seek to engage all members of our school community in a positive, supportive manner. In a fast-paced world, we believe in nurturing happiness, resilience and success in all our children.
We teach children a range of values which help children to work with one another co-operatively and with respect. They learn the importance of friendship and unity, we teach children to approach life with positivity and hope, and to show empathy and acceptance towards others. These values make our school community happy and harmonious, a fun place, where children feel secure.
At Maulden Lower, every individual is valued for who they are and what they contribute to the school. Values Education is intended to support the personal, social and spiritual development of every pupil throughout the school. The whole staff team and all pupils are involved in promoting values and recognising where others are ‘living the values’.
Through Values Education we aim to:
- Improve behaviour and conduct by developing strong values within the pupils at the school.
• Develop pupils' understanding of what values are and why they are important in life.
• Encourage children to ‘live the values’ in all aspects of their lives both in school and out.
• Promote values to pupils in every aspect of the school.
• Promote values in the way in which adults interact with each other and with pupils.
• Display our school values and encourage all visitors to take account of them in their time in the school.
• Encourage parents to support the programme at home by promoting the ‘value of the half term’ to parents in newsletters and home school tasks.
- Values Education consists of two sets of 6 values over a two-year rolling programme
• Each half term a new value is introduced through assemblies and ‘values days’, with the work generated leading to a classroom display to support children’s understanding of the value
• Further understanding of the value in the context of the school and the wider community is developed through ongoing assemblies and through the value being promoted by all staff in every aspect of school life
• Assembly themes will be predominantly values-based with religious festivals observed and a balance of different religions promoted in teaching our values
• ‘Thinking Time’ and ‘Silent Reflection’ will be used in addition to prayer in encouraging children to reflect upon values during assemblies and in classrooms
• Circle time and PSHE lessons will be further opportunities to discuss and promote values within each classroom with informal opportunities being utilised whenever possible, e.g. playtime
• Values are displayed in our signage throughout the school, on display in the school hall and within each classroom.
• Values are promoted to parents through our school website and through our weekly newsletter
• Values Education is also closely linked to PSHE and RE to further promote values.
Sept 2021 to July 2022
Sept 2022 to July 2023
General News Feed
- What parental controls can do and how to set them
- How to set up new devices safely,
Latest Diary Dates Events
There are currently no events.