We teach children a range of values which help children to work with one another co-operatively and with respect. They learn the importance of friendship and unity, we teach children to approach life with positivity and hope, and to show empathy and acceptance towards others. These values make our school community happy and harmonious, a fun place, where children feel secure.
At Maulden Lower, every individual is valued for who they are and what they contribute to the school. The Values Education Programme is intended to support the personal, social and spiritual development of every pupil throughout the school. The whole staff team and all pupils are involved in promoting values and recognising where others are ‘living the values’.
Through the Values Education Programme we aim to:
- Improve behaviour and conduct by developing strong values within the pupils at the school.
• Develop pupils' understanding of what values are and why they are important in life.
• Encourage children to ‘live the values’ in all aspects of their lives both in school and out.
• Promote values to pupils in every aspect of the school.
• Promote values in the way in which adults interact with each other and with pupils.
• Display our school values and encourage all visitors to take account of them in their time in the school.
• Encourage parents to support the programme at home by promoting the ‘value of the half term’ to parents in newsletters and home school tasks.
- The Values Education Programme consists of two sets of 6 values over a two-year rolling programme
• Each half term a new value is introduced through assemblies and ‘values days’, with the work generated leading to a classroom display to support children’s understanding of the value
• Further understanding of the value in the context of the school and the wider community is developed through ongoing assemblies and through the value being promoted by all staff in every aspect of school life
• Assembly themes will be predominantly values-based with religious festivals observed and a balance of different religions promoted in teaching our values
• ‘Thinking Time’ and ‘Silent Reflection’ will be used in addition to prayer in encouraging children to reflect upon values during assemblies and in classrooms
• Circle time and PSHCE lessons will be further opportunities to discuss and promote values within each classroom with informal opportunities being utilised whenever possible, e.g. playtime
• Values are displayed in our signage throughout the school, on display in the school hall and within each classroom.
• Values are promoted to parents through our school website, a parent’s guide and through our weekly newsletter
• The Values Education Programme underpins the school’s Care and Management and Collective Worship policies and is also closely linked to PSHCE and RE to further promote values.
Sept 2016 to July 2017
Sept 2018 to July 2019
Sept 2017 to July 2018
Sept 2019 to July 2020
Home School Values
Please support your child in learning about and understanding our current value. Detailed below are some fun and engaging activities you can work on at home.
General News Feed
- What parental controls can do and how to set them
- How to set up new devices safely,
Latest Diary Dates Events
There are currently no events.