Subject Intent Statement:
Our aim is to nurture children ‘towards a better life’ by providing a richly inspiring curriculum, suitable for all. They will be motivated by their school experience to achieve their personal potential in readiness for the next chapter in their lives. We challenge children to strive for academic, creative, sporting and personal accomplishment within a broad and balanced curriculum. Our twelve core Values underpin everything we do within our inclusive school, where diversity is celebrated and children are taught to be members of the local, national and international community.
The 2014 National Curriculum for Maths aims to ensure that all children:
- Become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics
- Are able to reason mathematically
- Can solve problems by applying their mathematics
At Maulden Lower school, these skills are embedded within Maths lessons and developed consistently over time. We are committed to ensuring that children are able to recognise the importance of Maths in the wider world and that they are also able to use their mathematical skills and knowledge confidently in their lives in a range of different contexts.
We make cross-curricular links with our termly topics. Through our Creative Curriculum, the teaching of mathematics is extended beyond the daily mathematics lesson. Links are made, where relevant and purposeful, between our topics and mathematics. This allows children the opportunity to apply mathematical skills and concepts, as well as enabling children to see that mathematics is part of everyday life.
We strive for all children to develop an enthusiastic, creative and resilient attitude towards mathematics and to experience success in the subject that will stay with them throughout their lives.
Please click here for a pdf with more information.
We follow the White Rose Scheme of Learning. Click here to see the curriculum overview and timings for each year group
Please click here to see our calculation policy which was designed with the local lower and middle schools. This will explain the way in which we teach addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and how this progresses as your child moves through the school.
This guide explains what your child will be learning in each year group in further detail.
General News Feed
- We are delighted to share our Easter service with you, featuring songs and artwork from all of the children, along with readings and prayers by the pupils of Kestrel class.
- What parental controls can do and how to set them
- How to set up new devices safely,
- Videos of our Christmas Concert are ready to view.
- Thank you to all of the children who donated to Children in Need during our recent non-uniform day
Latest Diary Dates Events
- Our Value is Respect12Apr2021
- Y4 Residential Trip to Kingswood in West Runton26Apr2021
8:00 am - 30 apr, 6:00 pm
- Parent Newsletter30Apr2021
- Bank Holiday Monday03May2021