Subject Intent Statement:
Our aim is to nurture children ‘towards a better life’ by providing a richly inspiring curriculum, suitable for all. They will be motivated by their school experience to achieve their personal potential in readiness for the next chapter in their lives. We challenge children to strive for academic, creative, sporting and personal accomplishment within a broad and balanced curriculum. Our twelve core Values underpin everything we do within our inclusive school, where diversity is celebrated and children are taught to be members of the local, national and international community.
Our aim is to develop open-minded, tolerant, respectful and aspirational citizens who are aware of and proud of their personal heritage, appreciative of difference and able to solve problems using logic, research, questioning and enquiry. As a result of studying history, they will become resilient, curious learners. They will learn to work logically to solve problems using historical sources and prior learning. They will develop as effective communicators in both written and oral work. They will develop as considerate, tolerant and empathetic citizens.
By following this curriculum, pupils will
- develop an awareness of the past, using common words and phrases relating to the passing of time
- know where the people and events they study fit within a chronological framework a
- identify similarities and differences between ways of life in different periods
- be able to use a wide vocabulary of everyday historical terms
- ask and answer questions, choosing and using parts of stories and other sources to show that they know and understand key features of events
- understand some of the ways in which we find out about the past and identify different ways in which it is represented.
General News Feed
- We are delighted to share our Easter service with you, featuring songs and artwork from all of the children, along with readings and prayers by the pupils of Kestrel class.
- What parental controls can do and how to set them
- How to set up new devices safely,
- Videos of our Christmas Concert are ready to view.
- Thank you to all of the children who donated to Children in Need during our recent non-uniform day
Latest Diary Dates Events
- Our Value is Respect12Apr2021
- Y4 Residential Trip to Kingswood in West Runton26Apr2021
8:00 am - 30 apr, 6:00 pm
- Parent Newsletter30Apr2021
- Bank Holiday Monday03May2021