At Maulden Lower School, children participate in daily English lessons which focus on speaking, listening and vocabulary; reading comprehension and word recognition; spelling, punctuation and grammar; and composition skills in order to write for a range of different purposes and audiences.
It is important to us that children are able to read fluently and for pleasure. Reading is a high priority in our school and each class holds a daily reading half hour, usually first thing in the morning.
We teach daily phonics lessons in the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1, following the Read Write Inc scheme. Small groups of children will also continue to receive regular phonics teaching in Key Stage 2, as required.
Teaching and learning about writing is encouraged through all subjects in our curriculum where children are given the opportunity to demonstrate the writing skills they have learned in English lessons.
General News Feed
- We are delighted to share our Easter service with you, featuring songs and artwork from all of the children, along with readings and prayers by the pupils of Kestrel class.
- What parental controls can do and how to set them
- How to set up new devices safely,
- Videos of our Christmas Concert are ready to view.
- Thank you to all of the children who donated to Children in Need during our recent non-uniform day
Latest Diary Dates Events
- Our Value is Respect12Apr2021
- Y4 Residential Trip to Kingswood in West Runton26Apr2021
8:00 am - 30 apr, 6:00 pm
- Parent Newsletter30Apr2021
- Bank Holiday Monday03May2021