The Governing Body has a really important role to play in the school. Made up of volunteers, including parents, staff and members of the community with appropriate skills, the Governing Body is an integral part of the school leadership.
The role of the Governing Body is to help raise educational standards of achievement and ensure public monies are spent effectively to provide the best possible education for all the pupils in the school.
The Governing Body’s work focuses on 3 main areas:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for Maulden Lower School.
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
In carrying out the above, Governors spend time developing and reviewing policies covering all aspects of the school’s work including areas such as the curriculum, staff-related issues, health and safety and safeguarding children. They also get involved in evaluating the work of the school and putting together a Development Plan to help the school achieve its goals.
Governors are expected to act as a ‘critical friend’ to the Headteacher – providing both support and challenge.
Carl Field - Chair
Jeremy Pestell - Vice Chair
Kathy Dwyer - Head Teacher
Sarah Butcher - Clerk
Governing Body Minutes
Governor Meeting Schedule
|Full||Finance, Premises & Personnel|
Register of Interests
|Name||Start Date||End Date||Type||Committees||Attendance %
(Sept 19 - Aug 20)
|Role||Pecuniary & Other Interests|
|Mr Carl Field||07/07/2015||06/07/2023||Co-opted||100||Chair of Governors||None|
|Mrs Kathy Dwyer||01/01/2017||N/A||Staff||All||100||Head Teacher||None|
|Mrs Katie Westwick||08/10/2018||N/A||Staff||60||None|
|Mr Jeremy Pestell||01/03/2017||28/02/2021||Co-opted||FPP||100||Chair of FPP||None|
|Mr Jason Andrews||24/09/2018||23/09/2022||Co-opted||FPP||80||Shareholder Inspiring Learning|
|Mr Ryan Craze||04/07/2019||03/07/2023||Co-opted||60||Teacher at another education establishment|
|Mr Graham Poulett||10/05/2018||09/05/2022||Local Authority||FPP||100||None|
|Mrs Becca Phillps||28/03/2017||27/03/2021||Parent||100||Teacher at school|
|Mr Thomas Rowell||27/03/2018||26/03/2022||Parent||60||Teacher at another education establishment|
|Mr Philip Bailey||22/10/2020||21/10/2024||Co-opted||FPP||N/A|
|Ms Sarah Butcher||01/09/2016||N/A||N/A||All||N/A||Clerk||Married to a teacher|
FPP - Finance, Premises & Personnel
General News Feed
- We are delighted to share our Easter service with you, featuring songs and artwork from all of the children, along with readings and prayers by the pupils of Kestrel class.
- What parental controls can do and how to set them
- How to set up new devices safely,
- Videos of our Christmas Concert are ready to view.
- Thank you to all of the children who donated to Children in Need during our recent non-uniform day
Latest Diary Dates Events
- Our Value is Respect12Apr2021
- Y4 Residential Trip to Kingswood in West Runton26Apr2021
8:00 am - 30 apr, 6:00 pm
- Parent Newsletter30Apr2021
- Bank Holiday Monday03May2021