SEND + Medical Needs Teaching Assistant
Post: SEND + Medical Needs Teaching Assistant
Salary: NJC Level 2 point 3-4, £9.96-10.16 per hour
Hours: Monday-Friday 08.30 – 15.30 (Term time only + 5 training days)
Interview Date: Tuesday 19th July 2022
Maulden Lower School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative and committed Teaching Assistant to join our team. You will be working primarily as a 1:1 with a SEND child. This role will also provide cover for our Teaching Assistants working with a child with additional medical needs.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of working with children with SEND
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ideally has experience of working with children with high level medical needs but full training will be provided
- Will be a positive role model
- Is a good team player, supporting their colleagues with preparation for learning activities
- Is enthusiastic and willing to be flexible
Previous experience of working in a school or similar post would be an advantage.
Maulden Lower School is a single form entry village lower school with a pre-school and is able to offer well behaved, engaged children and a learning environment with supportive and friendly staff. Visits to the school are encouraged
Maulden Lower School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age